Garnet- purity, truth, faithfulness and friendship
The name for this gemstone comes from the 14th century Middle English word garnet (dark red). Garnet has been derived from the Latin word granatum which means pomegranate. Garnet can be found in many countries including Namibia, Russia, Pakistan, Afghanistan, India, Brazil and many more. Garnet is the gemstone that is given as a gift for the 2nd wedding anniversary. Garnet is also associated with Royalty in England as the royal family have often used the stones in their Royal robes.
- Garnet is a energising and regenerating by assisting with the absorption of vitamins and minerals
- It helps boots the metabolism and immune system whilst purifying the blood, heart and lungs.
- Garnet inspires love and devotion
- It was used as a protective talisman
- It cleanses the chakras
- Garnet helps to bring out ones survival instinct in times of danger
- It helps remove self-doubt and sharpen your perception of yourself and others
Garnet is most commonly seen in dark red. It is available in all colours, including pink, green, orange, yellow, brown, black and blue, however it is very rare to find blue garnets.
Amethyst: bringer of healing, calm , protection and spiritual expansion
Amethyst gets its name from the Greek amethystos (not drunken). It can be sourced from United States, Britain, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Russia, Sri Lanka, Uruguay, East Africa, Siberia, India. Amethyst is the gemstone given on the 6th wedding anniversary.
- Amethyst boosts production of hormones and the metabolism
- It cleanses the blood
- strengthens the immune system it relieves pain (physical, emotional and psychological) such as loss or grief
- It reduces bruises, injuries, swellings and tension
- Assists with restful sleep
- it is a protecting stone, transmitting any hateful energy into love and helps block negative environment energies
- it has a high spiritual vibration helping to enhance spiritual awareness therefore encouraging selflessness and spiritual wisdom as well as out of body experiences
- it has a sobering effect which helps prevent drunkenness and those overcoming addiction by opening them up to another reality
- helps the mind gage a deeper understanding during meditation of how to be calm and tranquil
- it makes decision-making clearer by encouraging the transmission of neural signals through the brain
Amethysts colour differ from purple to lavender and the different colours have different additional properties.
Aquamarine: known as the stone of courage, it calms the waves, keeps sailors safe, gives support when overwhelmed
Aquamarines name comes from the Latin for seawater. It was used by sailors as a defence against the dangers at sea. Aquamarine is also known as "the poor man's diamond" . It is the traditional wedding gift for a 19th anniversary. Much of the world's supply of aquamarine comes from Brazil.
Pisces and Aries
- Aquamarine can assist with sore throats, swollen glands and thyroid problems
- It can regulate hormones and growth
- This stone has a a stimulant like effect on the body by strengthening the body cleanings organs and helps to cal overreactions of the immune system
- It is effective for chronic allergies such as hay fever
- It supports the healing of inflammatory diseases
- This stone gives people courage
- It has calming enemies, allowing people to destress and quiet their mind
- Helps people to become more tolerant of others and become more accepting and less judgemental
- Helps break peoples self-defeating thoughts and bring people persistence, responsibility and a sharp intellect
- Aquamarine helps with closure by clearing any blocked communication and helps people understand their thoughts more allowing them to be more expressive
- It helps align physical and spiritual bodies
Aquamarine ranges from pale blue to deep blue and blue green. The deeper the blue, the more prized the gemstone is.
Diamond: it is a symbol of purity, innocence, love and the strength and fire within people
The word diamond comes from the Greek word “adamas" meaning ‘i tame’. from ancient times ‘adamas’ was used to describe the hardest substance known to man. a diamond is the hardest and most sort after gemstone. it takes millions of years for a diamond to be formed. Diamonds are traditionally used in engagement rings as it is said to bring love and clarity into a partnership and enhance the love a husband has for his wife.
Aries & Taurus.
- Diamonds can treat glaucoma
- they they are able to counteract poisons
- They are able to treat allergies and chronic conditions as well as rebalancing the metabolism
A diamond is used to protect from illnesses, drive away bad dreams & fight depression. It's believed to help mothers with delivery at birth.
- Bring peoples life into a cohesive hole
- it can bond relationships
- it is a sign of commitment
- For thousands of years it has been a symbol of wealth
- Diamonds are good for blocking stress
- It is an amplifier of energy- increasing the energy of whatever it comes into contact with
- It can enhance the power of other crystals
- Diamonds have the ability to bring about fearlessness and clear peoples emotional and mental pain
- It stimulates creativity and imagination
- Helps people to see their aspirations more clearly
Diamonds range from clear white, yellow, blue, brown and pink.
Emerald: it symbols inspiration, patience, successful love and loyalty
The word emerald is derived from the word esmarclda which is Vulgar Latin meaning green gem. 55th wedding anniversary are often called the Emerald Anniversary. they can be found in India, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Brazil, Egypt and Austria. Emeralds are associated with the goddess Venus. It is said that Cleopatra loved her emerald jewellery the best.
Zodiac signs :
Taurus & Gemini.
- Emeralds are commonly believed to aid in fertility.
- They ensure physical, emotional & mental equilibrium.
- Emeralds have been used to treat disorders of the heart, lungs, spine & muscular system.
- They aid recovery after infectious illness
- It has been used as an antidote to poisons
- Emeralds have been used for a long time due to the emotional and mental effects
- Emeralds can open the heart chakra and has a calming affect on the emotions which helps to keep a partnership in balance and helps to enhance unity and unconditional love
- It brings about positive thinking and positive action
- It can helped to heal negative emotions which enhance peoples ability to enjoy enjoy life to the fullest
- Emeralds are a wisdom stone therefore promoting mental clarity allowing a deeper knowledge and broadening peoples vision
- Stimulates co operation
Emerald is a green gemstone which differs in shine & colour depending on where it is found.
Pearl: they symbolise wisdom acquired through experience , purity, generosity and loyalty
The word pearl comes from the French perle, which comes from the Latin word perinea meaning leg or ham. The 30th wedding anniversary is known as the pearl anniversary. almost all pearls you will see today have been cultured (created with the help of man) because a natural pearl is found only once in 10,000 mollusks.
Gemini and Cancer.
- It is believed to treat digestive disorders
- They can increase fertility and eases childbirth
- they are beneficial for lung disease such as tuberculous, asthma and chronic bronchitis as it encourages the healing of the heart, kidneys, urinary system and liver
- pearls possess a sedative and laxative effect
- they can neutralise poison
- Pearls can give the wearer a sense of calmness as well as promoting faith, loyalty, truth and purity and can enhance someone's integrity
- They help to balance the body hormone levels
- Pearls will help people to love themselves as well as others
Cultured pearls come in white, black and every soft shade in between, plus pink, light purple, peach, silver and gold.
Alexandrite: this gemstone symbolises good luck, good fortune and love
This stone is called Alexandrite because it was discovered on the day of Prince Alexander II of Russia’s birthday in 1830. Alexandrite was first discovered in Russia's Ural Mountains. Alexandrite can also be found in Sri Lanka, East Africa and Brazil. It is a very rare an valuable gemstone that is described as ‘emerald by day, ruby by night’. Alexandrite is a gemstone that is given as a gift for the 55th wedding anniversary.
Gemini and Cancer.
- Alexandrite has strong healing powers as it is said to react to the change in the wearers health
- It can help improve blood circulation and strengthen the blood vessels
- It helps to balance the nervous system
- Alexandrite is powerful at detoxifying the body
- It can help heal the reproductive organs
- It can help to inspire your imagination and help you to listen to your own feelings
- Alexandrite has the ability to strengthen your willpower an your joy in everyday life
- It helps you to love yourself, therefore boosting your self esteem
- Because alexandrite has two colours it is able to show to both sides of a situation, helping you to be more open minded
- It helps to balance the chakras
When light conditions change so does the colour of this gemstone. In daylight it will show up as a greenish blue and if it is shown under incandescent light the colour shows up as pink to red.
Ruby: the stone of love, energy, passion, wealth, power and a zest for life. It is the perfect symbol for feelings.
The word Ruby comes from the Latin ruber. The 40th wedding anniversary is know as the Ruby Wedding anniversary. Ruby has been known to be the most precious out of all the gemstones as it was the most sought-after of European Royalty and the upper class. It is known as the ‘King of precious gemstones”. It can be sourced from India, Madagascar, Russia, Sri Lanka, Cambodia, Kenya and Mexico.
Cancer & Leo
- Believed to open one's heart
- Heal emotional and spiritual woundsPromotes positive dreams
- Stimulates the pineal gland
- Fights exhaustion and lethargy and imparts potency and vigor.
- Detoxifies the body
- It stimulates the organs
- Excellent for energy
- Bringing strength into peoples lives
- It can improve motivation and help people set realistic goals
- Ruby stimulates the heart chakra
- It encourages clear thinking and positive dreams
- Encourages the removal of any negative thoughts in anything negative in peoples way
- Rubys can charge a passion and fire is the enthusiasm within people
The ruby's shades range from a pinkish red to orangey red to purplish red, with red always being the dominant color.
Peridot: this stone symbolises strength, positivity, honour and protection
The word Peridot comes for the French word peridot, which means gold, as the stone varies in colour towards gold. Peridot is given as a gift on the 16th wedding anniversary. The emeralds that Cleopatra was famous for wearing were not actually emeralds but peridot stones from Egypt. it is known as the national gem of Egypt and to ancient Egyptians it was the stone of the sun.
Leo and Virgo.
- A powerful cleanser- it has a tonic effect
- Believed to strengthen the immune system, metabolism and to bring benefits to the skin.
- Balances bipolar disorders and overcomes hypochondria.
- It can help to aid women giving birth as it strengthens the muscles used during birth allowing the contractions to happen more easily reducing the pain
- Help to reduce stress anger and guilt
- It helps the mind to sharpen and open the mind
- Believed to keep away evil sprits in ancient times
- A protective stand for the aura
- It purifies a neutralises toxins
- Allows people to detach from their burdens or guilt
- Allows you to move forward quickly from negative situations
- Parador allows people to detach from their jealousy or spite or anger that they may have
- Peridot is only found in one colour – green. The shade and depth of green colour comes from the amount of iron present in the stone.
Sapphire: this stone protects you from harm and it represents loyalty, trust and the calming of the mind
The word Sapphire comes from the Greek ‘sappheriros’ meaning ‘blue stone’. Ancient Persians believed the earth was mounted on a great sapphire whose colour was reflected in the sky. Sapphires are are given as a gift to celebrate the 45th wedding anniversary. Churchmen and churchwomen would wear sapphires to show their connection to heaven in the middle ages.
Virgo & Libra
- It protects people from sickness
- It releases mental tension, depression and negative thoughts
- It regulates the glands and treats blood disorders
- The stones energy calms inflammation and promotes healing of injuries especially post-surgical
- Sapphire can reduce infection snd calm over active organs
- It is considered the ‘stone of wisdom’
- Bring people peace of mind and stimulates concentration
- It protects from evil
- Relieve anger and frustration
- It is a calming stone
They are more commonly known for being a blue gemstone, however, they can come in every colour of the rainbow except red. Each colour has its own attributes in addition to the general ones for sapphires.
Opal: is associated with love, passion, desire and eroticism. It is the seductive stone, intensifying emotional states
The name opal is derived from the Sanskrit ‘upala’, meaning ‘precious stone’ as well as the Greek ‘opallios’ meaning ‘to see colour change’. Queen Victoria made opal jewellery popular during her reign and gave opals as wedding presents as a symbol of hope, happiness and truth and are given as a gift for the 34th wedding anniversary. It was believed that opals fell from heaven in flashes of lightning. Ancient Greeks thought opals had the power to aid prophecy and foresight. Around 95% of opals come from Australia, however, they can also be found in Brazil, Mexico, Honduras and the western US.
Libra and Scorpio.
- Opals help strengthen the will the live
- Eases childbirth and alleviates PMS (especially the darker opals)
- Opals can help treat Parkinson's disease, infections and fevers
- Opals are beneficial to the eyes
- Opals encourage freedom and independence
- Opals help people to bring out peoples originality and creativity
- It picks up thoughts and feelings and amplifies them
- Opals have always been associated with love and passion, desire and eroticism as it is a seductive stone, intensifying emotions
- Opals help help to bring out the loyalty, faithlessness and spontaneity within people
Opals are more commonly seen having a white, milky base colour with a rainbow of pastel shades. Opals also come in black, which reflects blue, grey and green tones. But opals come in a ray of colours, each reflecting different tones.
Pink Tourmaline: this stone symbolises happiness, positivity, fulfilment, love and joy
The word tourmaline comes from the Singhalese ‘toramalli’ meaning ‘mixed gems’. Tourmaline if usually given as a gift for the 8th and 38th wedding anniversary. Brazil has been the worlds leading source of tourmaline for more 500 years but can be found all over the world including Afghanistan, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Pakistan, Tanzania and the United States.
- Pink tourmaline balances a dysfunctional endocrine system and treats the heart lungs and skin when placed on the skin
- Tourmaline is an excellent stone for healing as it enhances the flow of energy
- Tourmaline cleanses, purifies and transforms dense energy into a lighter vibration
- It clears and balances the chakras
- Traditionally used to point out the culprit or cause in times of trouble and indicate the right decision to make
- Tourmaline aids the understanding of yourself and others
- Pink tourmaline attracts love in the material and in the spiritual world
- Pink tourmaline helps people to trust in love and to love themselves and others
- Pink tourmaline connects you to wisdom and compassion
Tourmaline comes in a variety of colours including black, brown, green, pink, red, yellow, blue, watermelon and blue-green. However, it is only pink tourmaline that is the birthstone for October.
Citrine: this is the stone of manifestation, imagination and personal will
The word citrine comes form the citrina meaning yellow and it is related to the French word ‘citron’ meaning lemon. Citrine was called the ‘sun stone’ back in the earliest times. it was believed this gemstone was capable of holding sunlight. Citrine is usually given as a gift for the 13th wedding anniversary. Most citrine comes from Brazil, but most of it is heat-treated amethyst. Natural citrine can be found found in Russia, France and Madagascar.
Scorpio and Sagittarius.
- Citrine is a great stone for recharging and energising
- Citrine is highly beneficial for CFS and reverses degenerative disease
- It helps to fight infections in the kidneys and bladder
- Citrine acts as a eliminator of constipation and cellulite
- Citrine helps to stimulate blood circulation
- Citrine is a cleanser and regenerator
- It carries the power of the sun
- Citrine is a warming, energising and creative stone
- Citrine is one of the crystals that doesn't need cleansing
- It can ground negative energy
- Citrine energises every aspect of life
- It is a great stone for protection as it acts as a warning side allowing people to protect themselves
- Citrine helps people to attract wealth and prosperity
- Psychologically, citrine raises peoples self-esteem and confidence by removing destructive tendencies
- Mentally, citrine enhances concentration and promotes inner calm
Citrine comes in colours from yellow to yellowish brown or smoky grey-brown.
Topaz: it symbolises wealth, health, love and protection
The word topaz comes from the Greek ‘topazion’ which originated form the Sanskrit ‘tapas’ meaning ‘fire’ or it may have come from the Equation island of topazos in the Red Sea. Topaz is a usually given as a gift for 4th wedding anniversaries. Topaz can be sourced from all around the world including Sri Lanka, Australia, India, Madagascar, Mexico and the United States. In ancient times, it was believed that topaz had a connection to the sun, the Romans associated topaz with their god of the sun, Jupiter.
Sagittarius & Capricorn
- Topaz is a good stone for maintaining health
- Topaz is able to direct its energy to where it is needed most helping it to be a successful healer and stimulator
- Topaz is am empathic stone
- Topaz promotes truth and forgiveness
- This stone helps to highlight goals and shed light on the path allowing people to meet tho goals
- It helps to cut through doubt and uncertainty
- Topaz helps to bring joy, success and relaxation to people
- Psychologically, Topaz helps you to feel confident and realise you inner strengths
- Mentally, Topaz this stone allows you to become aware of useful life experiences and work you have done to help you to become better at problem solving and expressing yourself
In its natural state, topaz is found in a golden brown to yellow colour. The most popular colour of topaz is blue but it can be found in red, grey, red-pink and green.
Turquoise: this stone is associated with calmness, wisdom, creativity, good luck, spiritual grounding, friendship, love and tranquility
The word turquoise is derived from the French ‘turquois’ meaning ‘Turkish’ because the stone was first brought to Europe through Turkey from Persia. Turquoise is the 11th wedding anniversary gemstone. Turquoise is one of the first gemstones ever mined (6000 BC).
Sagittarius and Capricorn
- Turquoise is the best stone for healing
- It helps to boost the immune systems
- Turquoise is good at removing viral infections from the body
- This is an anti-inflammatory and detoxifying stone
- Turquoise helps with removing cramps and pain
- It is a great stone for exhaustion, panic attacks and depression as it helps to protect you from outside pollutants and negative influence that may cause this
- Turquoise is the best stone for the well-being of the body and creating comfort for the soul
- Turquoise has been used for amulets as it is good for protection
- It is said to change colour to warn if danger of unfaithfulness
- Helps improve peoples connection and communication to the spiritual worlds and
- Turquoise enhances peoples intuition and ability to meditate
- This stone allows people to express themselves more freely
- It balances and aligns the chakras
- Turquoise helps to get rid of self-destructive thoughts and helps you to mentally become stronger as well as calmer
Turquoise comes in turquoise, blue-to-green, blue or green colour.
Zircon(blue): it symbolises loving others and yourself, intuition, purity, spiritual understanding and happiness
The word zircon comes from the Persian word ‘zargun’ which means ‘gold-hued’. Zircons are a very popular gemstone and they are the oldest minerals on Earth.
Sagittarius and Capricorn
- Blue Zircon boosts your energy
- It has a calming effect on asthma or allergies
- it can helps with digestive problems
- it is believed that it stimulates the metabolism
- A blue zircon helps to clear your mind of negative energy and allowing you to re gain your self-confidence
- It helps you to move forward
- it can help remind you of what you want and gives you stronger power to complete these wishes
- it includes a talisman, warding off evil spirits
Blue zircons colour ranger from a pastel or sky blue to a vivid bright blue
Tanzanite: this stone symbolises wisdom, truth, dignity, intuition and trust
Tanzanite can only be found un Tanzania. It is known as a ‘geological phenomenon’ and is 1000 times more rare than diamonds. The first known use of tanzanite was in 1968. Tanzanite is the gemstone associated with the 24th wedding anniversary. Even though you will pay a lot more for diamonds tanzanite is far more rare.
Sagittarius and Capricorn
- Tanzanite helps heal the mind by removing sadness and anger
- Tanzanite is believed to treat heart and pancreas conditions
- Tanzanite encourages healing of all kinds
- It can remove skin disorder, improve sore throats and helps the lungs
- It boost the immune system, helping to speed up recovery after an illness
- It helps restore cells and tissues
- Tanzanite can balance, cleans and open the chakras
- Encourages people to pursue their dreams and increases their imagination
- Tanzanite helps people step out of their comfort zone and push themselves to their limits
- It helps people express themselves more freely
- Tanzanite helps to unite the higher mind with intuition and communication by stimulating the chakras
- The blue crystal energy thats stimulates the Throat Chakra is predominant in tanzanite
- It tune into our psychic abilities
Tanzanite comes in a variety of blue colours, it ranges from blue to bluish purple to bluish violet.